Relaxing holiday for nature lovers and rest seekers
’t Schippershuis is situated next to the Scheldt river, in a natural setting of meadows and old river arms.
An old cobble stone road leads to the house at the back of a dead end street, surrounded by inspiring nature.
Privacy and quiet are absolutely guaranteed.
Nice day trips
Ride or walk along the Scheldt river or try, beside the routes designed by us, these classic tours in and around the Scheldt river valley:
- Live your own Tour of Flanders
- Scheldt river valley route 1 and Rodeland Route 1 or other routes in and around the Zwalm region
- Stroll or hike Scheldt meadows, forrests of Makkegem or the signposted Kapellekenspath and the Web around Vurste
Oudenaarde and Ghent for their city centres, museums and parks:
- Tour of Flanders Centre Oudenaarde
- MOU museum Oudenaarde and Flemish Ardennes
- Archeologisch Museum PAM Ename
- Adventure park The Seven Summits Oudenaarde
- The Ghent museums: MSK, S.M.A.K, STAM, Design, MIAT, Dr. Guislain, House of Alijn,…
- Recreation park Blaarmeersen Ghent
Also around for families and levensgenieters: